According to scientists, the human potential is really unlimited, but up to the level of civilization we now only use only one percent of the potential. If this is so, then the foremost task of education is to remove all potential possessed by every human being for every human being human whole, complete. And this is indeed the task of Neo Humanist Education, which were made in an integrated effort to tap the highest potential in every child, at any time and any place.
Neo Humanist Education provide education to all sections that make up the child, not just memorize information and stuffed to the intellect, or train the child into a robot for teachers to be happy because he would issue the desired answers.
As was said as Neo Humanist Education should be given to children from an early age. That is why Shrii P.R. Sarkar, Neo Humanist Education pioneer with the introduction of the philosophy of Neo Humanism, suggested to establish more kindergarten or Pre-School, which introduced a system Neo humanist education.
Why P.R. Sarkar did not recommend establishing more universities? It is generally recognized as a fact most of one’s development occurs at the age of below 5 or 6 years. At this age period children’s cognitive and personality structure itself which will determine the way of life to the next. Therefore, the teachers and the best facilities should be concentrated on education kindergarten and elementary school.
P.R. Sarkar said that in every person there is thirst for something infinite. One of the most important task of education is to arouse the desire for an unlimited expansion of the (science). That must be generated on each student is feeling, “I want to know or unite.” While the traditional education system is still far from this in such business. Expectations held by each of the children born were more likely to fall apart, as a result of the injustices that occur at this time. Humans began as a butterfly and ends as a cocoon.
It is time the education system is designed in such a way that does not produce people who are only half-knowledgeable, which later developed into the aggressive, confused, dissidents and frustration.
The next result, a series of social networks become increasingly damaged. Viewed as a whole, more and more teenagers who drop out of school, wandering, and lapse into the use of illicit drugs (drugs), destructive environments, exposed to venereal disease, left home, mad or committed suicide.
It’s so much money and time sacrificed to try to fix the education system. But unfortunately, many have failed, because of the attention focused on the wrong source of the problem, namely by increasing the intensity of cramming information. In many countries, reform in education means more hours and teaching materials as well as spend more on information to children who actually already saturated.
Where is busy memorizing this information has reduced the quality and dignity of human beings and destroying the lives of students. When the children viewed as a basket of its main functions to receive, store and pulled back the data and facts, then the learning process that will be mechanistic and bored students who will become aggressive and frustrated or looking for an outlet uncontrolled emotions. We need change, and it must be done now.
We first have to understand what is described by PR Sarkar, and was supported by the principles of modern physics that our presence is not just the fact that visible by the five senses, but is a continuous series of different layers of consciousness, ranging from the coarsest layer of the physical body, continues toward the layers of the ie finer psychic layers, and finally arrive at a unified field with infinite consciousness. The whole psychological layer that can be identified into 5 layers:
1. Keep your awareness (Conscious Mind): SENSING
2. Unconscious (Subconscious Mind): INTELLECT
3. The first layer Supra Consciousness: CREATIVITY
4. The second layer Supra Consciousness: INTUITION
5. The third layer supra Consciousness: SPIRITUAL
Within each of the higher consciousness that there are a wider knowledge which give more happiness, because of the higher layers of a wider scope and contain energy reserves are not playing much.
These layers are not just a theoretical conception of the psychologist, but it is a functioning level that can be experienced by everyone who practiced with great discipline to explore his soul. But unfortunately, in general people are not aware of the most important levels of the innermost soul, and we usually live with the two lower levels of conscious and subconscious layers only.
What makes the Neo Humanist Education is unique, is that the systems and methods of this education is systematically developing all layers of human existence and gradually lead the individual toward a goal that is not limited.
So Neo Humanism Education is indeed an overall education (holistic education), because in the process of education that no part of human consciousness is neglected, no aspect of human life that are not addressed. By understanding the characteristics of human existence as a whole is an educator will be easier to explore teaching methods that are better suited to the psychology students.
Neo-Humanistic Educational Objectives:
* Develop full potential of children: physical, mental, and spiritual.
* Generating thirst for knowledge and love (love) learning.
* Equipping children with academic ability and other skills necessary for further education.
* Facilitating the growth and development of the child’s personality, including morality, integrity, confidence, discipline, and cooperation.
* Developing physical and mental stamina stability through yoga and meditation, exercise and play.
* Develop a sense of aesthetics and appreciation of culture through drama, dance, music and visual art.
* Encouraging children to become active members of society and responsible.
* Increase awareness of ecology in the broadest meaning, namely the awareness of all things affiliated with each other, and promote respect and care for all creatures.
* Increase the view of Universal, free from religious differences, skin color, gender, and so forth.
* Understand the importance of the role of teachers in providing an example.
ASPECTS OF HUMAN PERSONALITY AND METHODS OF EDUCATION NEO HUMANIST
To develop them:
* Body material – development through calisthenics exercises are lightweight and rugged, subtle yoga exercises (yoga asanas), dance, and healthy food.
* Awareness realize its development through sensory-motor activities, including exercises in practical life, a supportive environment, ethics or pro-social activities.
* Awareness subconscious intellectual development through activities and use of sensory-motor games and fantasy (playway method).
* Awareness of the creative development of their own initiative and self-expression through creative art, fantasy games and drama.
* Awareness of intuitive wisdom of a smooth development and universal love through curriculum Circle of Love (Circle of Love) and the use of stories and songs that have universal value.
* Awareness of spiritual development through meditation (quiet-time), story and spiritual songs, and dances a soft yoga.
You agree? What did you think?